Don't get cache description even after 24 hrs waiting

The Diggindales

After reading lots of positive reviews, I've downloaded cachly on my iPhone. I am not a premium member, so I understand the restrictions (max. 3 full descriptions per day), yet I don't get to see descriptions and hints anyhow, although I've waited more than 24 hrs since my last search.

Is Cachly no longer useful to basic members? Maybe I don't use the app properly?

Have you tried tapping the "Basic Version Loaded" button to load the full cache? Is there an error or warning that is shown?

Yes, Cachly is still useful to basic members. But, by the very nature of how geocaching.com does their Premium memberships you will get much much more out of Cachly (and all other Geocaching apps and geocaching.com) if you are a Premium member.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, when I tap on the 'Basic Version Loaded' button, I get the warning: 'As s basic member of geocaching.com you can download full details of 3 caches per 24 hour and are limited to returning only Traditional geocaches'.

The fact that I only can see 3 caches per day, is not a problem. As said, I understand the restrictions.

But from the the moment I started to use Cachly, I didn't see any description at all...

What does 'limited to returning only Traditional geocaches' mean?

Some caches don't container descriptions. Were you looking at a cache that didn't have one? Once you tap the Basic version button, and hit ok, it will load that cache and then allow you to tap the Description row on that screen to show the cache description.

Limited to returning Traditional caches is another geocaching.com limitation, not Cachly's. It means that as a Basic member you can only load Traditional caches. Multi's, Mystery, etc won't show up unless you know the GC code, or are a Premium member.

Sorry about these restrictions, we are just having to follow the rules imposed by geocaching.com.

Found the solution!

I am looking at caches that have descriptions, which I select at geocaching.com when I'm still at home.

When I open Cachly and tap the Basic version button, I don't get the option to hit ok, just cancel or continue. I thought that when I hit continue, it meant that I would proceed to become a premium member. Apparantly that was not the case but the opportunity to get the description! :)

Now looking forward again to go caching with Cachly! Thanks for helping me to find the answer to my question!

PS: Is it necessary to put this obstacle at this place in the app? I understand that you're trying to make people aware of the advances of being a premium member, but I almost quit using the app, because I thought I didn't get what was promised. Maybe you can introduce the announcement when people reach the 3rd cache of the day?

Wish you all the best and thanks for having made this app!