Updated. Can't open app anymore.

konky

Hello,

after updating 20 minutes ago I can't start the app. It want to open and then crash.

There are some really important offline lists and also my list of founds which I haven't logged until now.

At this moment I can't use this app anymore... What's wrong? What can I do?

I want to got back to the latest version...

greetings

Now it works.

But: all my offline lists are lost. Also the list of my logs I had to do (nearly 1600... it was a successful holiday) all is lost...

When I get the coordinate from a point at the map and want to save it as a place, the app crashes...

I regret updating...

We are very sorry about this issue. For some reason, we are not yet sure why, a very small number of users have had database corruption while upgrading. This is not something that showed up during beta testing over the last few months, so we are still looking into the cause.

Again, very sorry about the inconvenience that this has caused. :(

Thank you for your answer.

But there are more things which not work.

1. I can't save a point on the map and save as "Save as place" - > the app crashes

2. can't make a new waypoint: Bad request (400)

3.In the menu of an open cache I can't press the bottom (in the left top corner) "Log this cache" -> the app crashes...

These are some of the things which not work anymore. I am very unhappy at this time... Next weekend I go to a mega event. All preparations are away and I can't work like usual...  There is a possibility to get the latest version?

I have iphone 5, maybe there are some problems with the version of iphone? Strange, I know some people using cachly and have not these problems...

I updated my iphone also but these problems are still there...

Sorry, what can I do. Whats wrong now, that there are so many problems suddenly...

Did you upgrade from a version prior to 3.0?  

I suggest that you delete Cachly entirely and then reinstall. 

Also, I'm sure you've thought of this but in the future is export important info first prior to upgrading. Preferably export of the phone occasionally anyway. A simple dropped phone could have caused loss of the 1600 caches. 

Yes, NOW I know it. But the other times there were no problems... So today I know it.

My cachly.sqlite database file is about 215MB. So I think its not away only can't read?

I updated the last time on beginning of July. I think ist was the last version before 3.0.

Now I delete and installed it and all my described problems are away... (not the lost Offline lists)

Thank you very much. :o)

Edited by konky
add something

I have to add something...

Before deleting and installing the app I saved the cachly.sqlite database file on my computer. (215 MB)

After installing, the app goes better than ever before ;-)

Then I tried to load the old file (215MB) at itunes maybe to show me the offline lists...

But there were no offline lists or logs and all described problems I mentioned on the top came back!

So now I install it again, but whats the problem with the old sqlite database? Too big? There is a possibility to save the most ipmortant data from it?

Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, konky said:

So now I install it again, but whats the problem with the old sqlite database? Too big? There is a possibility to save the most ipmortant data from it?

As mentioned above, somehow during the 3.0.3 update a small number of users had migration issues with the database. The database schema needed an upgrade for the isFTF field, which was a very small change. We never saw this issue in months of testing, so sadly it shows in the public version. Because of this migration failure the geocache records became corrupted. This is why you cannot load your old sql file and why things crash, as Cachly could not load the entire DB file.

Again, very sorry about this issue. :(