Edit logs in app

Andyyy94

Question

Hi!

It would be a great feature if you could edit a lig in the app. So you could immediately correct a typo.

Kind regards,

Andyyy94

---

Hallo!

Es wäre toll wenn man die Logeinträge direkt in der App bearbeiten könnte. So könnte man einen Schreib-/Tippfehler sofort korrigieren.

Liebe Grüsse

Andyyy94

5 answers to this question

You can edit your log if you are using drafts that are saved within Cachly vs uploaded to Geocaching.com. You go to Settings /Pending Geocache Logs to edit them. 

If you uploaded them to Geocaching.com, you need to go to the website. I don't think the API interface that Geocaching.com provides developers like Cachly supports updating an uploaded or logged cache.

The logging behavior you are looking for is the reason I switched all logging to local Cachly phone drafts and then uploaded as drafts (aka field notes) to the web site. It allows me to edit locally until I upload and then look at the logs on a real computer before I submit them. I was making too many typos and not writing out everything I wanted from my phone and this approach addressed that. Even if I have a full cell signal I still log it locally as a draft and submit it after I'm back home as a draft to the geocaching site.