Waypoint creation from dropped pin

BethKatzPA

While navigating to a cache, I wanted to know how far it would be to the turn off of the current road. I dropped a pin and said I wanted to create a waypoint. When the screen appeared, the two preset choices are "current location" and "geocache location". I was expecting "pin location" to be an option. I can get around this by first choosing "copy coordinate" and then choosing to create the waypoint and pasting in the coordinate. But that isn't intuitive; it's a workaround. I think I could have saved it as a location, but then it is in my global context rather than the context for that cache.

I'm thinking waypoints are for caches and locations are for the app overall. Right? Once I got cel service again, the waypoints eventually got synced to the geocaching web site where the official app can access them. So they are stored with my account.

I'm using Cachly 3.0 (25) on an iPhone 6.

I just experienced what Beth reported. Pin drop coordinates are being set to the cache coordinates when added as a waypoint to a cache. The workflow is right but the Add Waypoint screen just needs to pre-populate with the pin coords when coming from the drop pin flow.

Thank you for the upcoming fix.

On a related note, I have been delighted when copying the text of a calculated waypoint for a puzzle and then creating the waypoint, that when I paste the value into the title so I can use it, the coordinate settings change. It is so awesome that it works that way. It just works.