Offline translations

rragan

Question

Now that we have a real database, it would seem more viable to let a user translate a description and save that in the DB associated with the cache. Ditto for other translatable things. Then when overseas with no data, the translation could be viewed. 

4 answers to this question

Before I give this a "vote" (not sure if that really matters), I have a question. Why not just put the translated text into the Cache Note?   Then you can work in Cachly or the website.  If a new field for translated descriptions is created, how does that work if you try to export a GPX and import somewhere else?

I have put it in the note before. It's tedious doing the copy/paste. I was hoping for a smoother integration. For export, it would need to be a Cachly XML extension. Other than moving it from iPad to iPhone, I don't see the translations as being interesting beyond the current trip. Website would have no access. It is a purely local DB piece of data.