Large PQ causes Cachly to hang then crash

Keith G

PQ with 1000 caches (1.2 MB), when saved to offline PQ, increases to 9.9 MB.

If the offline PQ is then selected, then it either loads OK, with the map appearing immediately, or it shows caches without the map, freezes for about fifteen seconds with screen unresponsive (though able to capture screen image - see below), then appears to crash before displaying the home screen.  Cachly is still active in the background, and if selected, reloads the initial screen and displays nearest caches.

Looking more closely at this, if settings - cache radius is disabled, then the PQ loads fine, irrespective of which map option is selected.  If, however, settings - cache radius is enabled, then the problem occurs.

I initially thought this was linked to using app on an iPad, but getting the same effect on iPhone.

post-102-0-69875500-1463160189_thumb.jpg

Could you email me the .gpx file for this PQ?

You mentioned the cache radius feature is enabled, and I have a feeling you are running out of memory. Basically, you are loading 1000 map annotations (caches) onto the map, as well as drawing an overlay (circle radius) around many of those caches. That is quite a lot of memory for iOS and it likely maxes out and the app gets killed. But, I can test it more when I see the file.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem over the weekend. 1000 caches saved to offline and it freezes and crashes. I turned off circle radius and everything worked normal after that.

Using iPhone 6s+

Looks like cache radius on a large number of caches cause an issue. Looking into it.