Save Photos

Guest Robfrizzy

Guest Robfrizzy

I just took a few photos for a log and uploaded the log. After I uploaded the logs I went to find the photos in my camera roll and to my surprise they were not there. Maybe I haven't figured it out, but is there any way to save log photos to your camera roll?

Guest Robfrizzy

Great! It was no big deal to get the pictures. I just looked up my logs when I got home and downloaded the pictures from the logs to my computer. Obviously it’s more desirable to have the option to save the originals locally. I look forward to seeing that functionality.

One other thing I noticed is an issue about offline usage. I downloaded a section of caches for an area with very weak cellular signal. Once I was out in that area I opened the downloaded section of caches from the offline lists section of the app and found that it was taking quite a while to load caches. When I turned my cellular data off (I still had a very weak signal) on my device it suddenly sped up. Apparently, even if you are using an offline list the app still tries to load the caches from the server over the celluar network and not locally. I’m not sure it this is intentional, but it would be nice if loading caches from an offline list, it defaulted to loading them locally and not from the sever. Also, I was sure I downloaded the map tiles as well, but I was not able to get them to show up offline. I noticed only one map is available to download locally (opencycle I believe), so it would be helpful if when loading a list of saved offline caches it defaulted to this map (since it is the only one that could be available offline anyways).

You devs are the best! Thanks so much for being so open to suggestions from users. It’s really the best.

One other thing I noticed is an issue about offline usage. I downloaded a section of caches for an area with very weak cellular signal. Once I was out in that area I opened the downloaded section of caches from the offline lists section of the app and found that it was taking quite a while to load caches. When I turned my cellular data off (I still had a very weak signal) on my device it suddenly sped up. Apparently, even if you are using an offline list the app still tries to load the caches from the server over the celluar network and not locally. I’m not sure it this is intentional, but it would be nice if loading caches from an offline list, it defaulted to loading them locally and not from the sever. Also, I was sure I downloaded the map tiles as well, but I was not able to get them to show up offline. I noticed only one map is available to download locally (opencycle I believe), so it would be helpful if when loading a list of saved offline caches it defaulted to this map (since it is the only one that could be available offline anyways).

You devs are the best! Thanks so much for being so open to suggestions from users. It’s really the best.

When opening an offline list while still online, it won't make any requests to the server, it will load those caches locally. However, it will try to load maps while you are still online.

Offline map downloading should work, just make sure to download the adequate zoom level so you will have enough resolution when offline. We are working on a simplified offline map downloader were you won't have to worry about zoom levels or map type. :)