Offline maps easier for users

rragan

Question

I was talking to a new Cachly user who complained about no maps offline. I showed her how to download them. She had not figured out that offline list save did not also handle maps. Could you track regions for each cache being put in an offline map and ask the user if they would like to load the associated offline maps too? This would be friendlier and avoid having to guess which regions you need for a particular offline list.

2 answers to this question

This would be a great feature, but it would take a great deal of development to achieve this. 

I think a simple solution would be to show the user an alert the first time they download an offline list letting them know they can download offline maps. They will let them know of this possibility and would hope they will remember it for the future.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

This would be a great feature, but it would take a great deal of development to achieve this. 

I think a simple solution would be to show the user an alert the first time they download an offline list letting them know they can download offline maps. They will let them know of this possibility and would hope they will remember it for the future.

That probably is a good idea. 

Just don't include a video telling us what a cache is.... OK nasty attack on official app.