Terracache GPX

Bolling

Nick. I fully understand that your focus is with the Groundspeak Geocaching platform. I occasionally look for Terracaches (TC) too (occasionally because quite frankly there aren't that many). With other apps I have used I was able to import a Terracache GPX file into the app for use in offline mode. I tried that for the first time today in Cachly and it displays the coordinates. 

IMG_1116.PNG

Even the cache title is in incorrect.  I checked the GPX file and have no idea where the title came from. 

Here's what it looks like in another app. 

IMG_1117.PNG

The title is present as well as the description and recent logs although the log types didn't translate here either. Nevertheless the important information is present. 

Have you considered supporting TC GPX files?  If not would you be willing to look at one. I realize that if this takes much work it would be way down the priority list. 

Can you attach the GPX for 1 cache - TC9NH - that you imported? 

The site requires someone to register to get an example to compare what the differences are. 

Do you use GSAK? Could it handle the transformation by importing into GSAK and exporting a Cachly readable GPX in the interim?

Super quick review, and I have nothing to do with Cachly, is that Terracache outputs GPX 1.1 while Geocaching.com outputs GPX 1.0. This difference causes the structure of the XML GPX files to be very different.  I don't know if it's possible to request Terracache GPX output as 1.0 format or if GPSBabel would convert the necessary data effecively. 

No idea how Cachly is coded for parsing and if it is using a set of routines that know GPX 1.0 and/or 1.1 or if the program is handling via custom XML parsing.