new to cachly - multiple questions

dukeofurl

I'm pretty new to Cachly, having trouble finding instructions.

1) On a map of an area, how do I hide the caches that I've already found?

2) What does the padlock in the lower right hand corner do?

3) When tapping/clicking on a cache on the map, it doesn't say who it's from, is there a way to make it?

4) Automatic emails from Groundspeak, links in there, is there a way to make them open cachly instead of the groundspeak app?

5) When searching for a cache via the GC number, is there a way to make it automatically think that I'm typing GC in front of the code, even though I'm not?

thanks

1) click the gear icon at the top of the map where you'd enter the GC code, etc and you'll have filters to adjust what is displayed, including hiding your finds. 

2) padlock stops manual map rotation. Automatic map rotation and audio or manual planning and zoning will still work. 

3) you can't adjust the info displayed when you click on the icon.  Clicking on the pop-up will display the full cache screen within the app which includes the cache owner. 

4) not currently a way which is an iOS constraint as far as I know. 

5) GC needs to be entered. The following is supposedly undergoing changes for the next release so the behavior might change.

I hope the above helps.

3 hours ago, dukeofurl said:

4) Automatic emails from Groundspeak, links in there, is there a way to make them open cachly instead of the groundspeak app?

Yes, this isn't possible because Groundspeak owns the coord.info domain, which is tied to their app, and only their app.

3 hours ago, dukeofurl said:

5) When searching for a cache via the GC number, is there a way to make it automatically think that I'm typing GC in front of the code, even though I'm not?

Since that field takes GC Code, coordinates or a location search there isn't a way to do this.

15 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, this isn't possible because Groundspeak owns the coord.info domain, which is tied to their app, and only their app.

Since that field takes GC Code, coordinates or a location search there isn't a way to do this.

I think groundspeak has gotten around that by making a separate field for just GC codes, and then just auto-filling it those two letters when you click in there.

Re opening in app

My behavior opens in Safari with an option to open in Geocaching app. I vaguely recall that if it opens in their app you can tap geocaching.com in the upper right to open in web page. I think the choice is sticky so you may be able to open directly to Safari from emails. This can be handy because if you then tap the GPX file button, you will be offered to open in an app that handles GPX files -- likely to be Cachly for you. Then you can import the single cache to an offline list. Having a list named NewCaches would let you easily grab new publications for later finding.