Mark as found

Lulybelle

Question

I'm slowly moving over from geobucket. One of the features there that I can't find on cachly is the ability to mark a cache as found or not found without logging it. This combined with a list in order of caches visited that day, as geosphere has, would help keep track on a day with lots of caches visited

19 answers to this question

This is possible in Cachly. You will need to tap the Log this Cache button and when presented with the log screen, toggle the top option so that you can save the log instead of logging it.

If logging/saving a Found It log you will see a checkmark on that cache, if it is a DNF you will see a blue frown face.

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out. Is there also a way to bring up a list of those caches i.e. visited but not logged, in the order they were visited?

also could there be a 'not found' option on the log type - in case you mistakenly log the wrong cache, like I just did when trying it out!

After you log a cache where it's not sent immediately, it will show under your pending logs list. At the bottom of the main window on the right is an icon for More. Click More and in the screen that opens is an option near the top for Pending Geocache Logs. When you click into that all your pending logs are displayed. You can edit any pending log by clicking it in the list. You can change it there from Found to Not Found. 

In the list of Pending Logs, if you slide one to the left in the list, you will see a standard iOS Delete option to completely remove the pending log.

I hope that helps.

Not sure if this belongs here, but it's the closest match among existing threads. I've just moved to Cachly because the old advanced Groundspeak app is going away. I've gotten into the habit of saving a field note after each find with the time and a few notes to myself so I'll remember the find later. Then, back at a computer with a real keyboard, I click on my user name and get a prompt to review my field notes that are pending on the site. I can use my notes to myself to help me write a found note to post publicly. That way I never forget a find, and I log them in the order I found them.

I turned the Save as Field Note option on and Send Log Now option off, and entered a note on a find yesterday. It didn't show up on the website. Then again, I didn't see a button on the Cachly app to send the note. What am I missing?

Thanks, Team DEMP. Let me make sure I have this right. I need to turn on Send Log Now as well as Save as Field Note, and then the Send Now function is activated. When I then click on Send Now, what I wrote will show up as a field note on the website but not as a public found log. If I turn off Save as Field Note and click on Send Now, that will send what I've written as a public found log. Right?

If so, may I make a suggestion? If there's a way to have that Save as Field Note switch toggle between Save as Field Note and Save as Log, that might be clearer. That is, it should behave as a radio button rather than a check box. I don't know enough about the iOS interface to know whether that would be possible, or practical, or could be implemented clearly.

36 minutes ago, Geneal said:

Thanks, Team DEMP. Let me make sure I have this right. I need to turn on Send Log Now as well as Save as Field Note, and then the Send Now function is activated. When I then click on Send Now, what I wrote will show up as a field note on the website but not as a public found log. If I turn off Save as Field Note and click on Send Now, that will send what I've written as a public found log. Right?

Yes, this is how it works. :)

4 hours ago, Geneal said:

If so, may I make a suggestion? If there's a way to have that Save as Field Note switch toggle between Save as Field Note and Save as Log, that might be clearer. That is, it should behave as a radio button rather than a check box. I don't know enough about the iOS interface to know whether that would be possible, or practical, or could be implemented clearly.

For me it makes sense to be separate because you can do the following based on which are checked...

1. Upload public log immediately
  2. Upload field note immediately
  3. Upload public log later
  4. Upload field note later

You need 2 options that are separate to handle those 4 scenarios. At least I think you can do all 4 - I really just use #1 myself. 

What I found confusing was that in order to send a field note, you have to "Send Log Now", which looks a lot like posting a public log...which I didn't want to do. Would iOS allow the act of switching on "Save as Field Note" to change the text in the top line from "Send Log Now" to "Send Field Note Now"? That would make the interface more intuitive.

1 hour ago, Team DEMP said:

You need 2 options that are separate to handle those 4 scenarios. At least I think you can do all 4 - I really just use #1 myself. 

Depending on circumstances I have used all four.  That covers every situation for me. 

Regarding a toggle between 'Save as Log' and 'Save as Field Note', isn't that exactly what it does now?  (When combined with the 'Send Now' option.)  

I have another question about this.

I love the list created when I log caches and use it to keep track

i can't find a way to delete one saved, but not logged, log at a time. I have multiple finds to log which I want to do on the web, then I want to delete them as I've logged them.

ismthere a way to do,this?