DSimm626

Question

Downloaded Cachly a few days before Ver 2 came out. I'm a GeoSphere user. So here are a couple ideas for you to kick around :-)

Just listened to you on the Geocaching Podcast. Great job btw.

Friends list: This is a c:geo thing I believe. When you view a cache, you can also see if any of your friends have found the cache. The friends list comes from "Your Friends" list on geocaching.com. A older version of GeoSphere would show your log(if you loaded a cache you found) and the logs of your friends.

Field note templates: GeoSphere lets you create FN templates so when you log a field note you don't have to type the same thing over. This is great for when you are caching with someone you can already have this part in your log. Also great for copy & paste logs on power trails. GeoSphere also lets you add local date/time and find count to your log. I always 'sign' my geonick and where I am from on all my logs.

Thanks for your hard work and listening to your users of your app!! I hope to learn more about cachly as I get more time to cache!

David(aka Shilo)

4 answers to this question

Welcome to Cachly!

2 minutes ago, DSimm626 said:

Friends list: This is a c:geo thing I believe. When you view a cache, you can also see if any of your friends have found the cache. The friends list comes from "Your Friends" list on geocaching.com. A older version of GeoSphere would show your log(if you loaded a cache you found) and the logs of your friends.

This has been requested by other users, but in looking at the various API methods that we have available to them it doesn't seem like an easy thing to do. We are still investigating this.

3 minutes ago, DSimm626 said:

Field note templates: GeoSphere lets you create FN templates so when you log a field note you don't have to type the same thing over. This is great for when you are caching with someone you can already have this part in your log. Also great for copy & paste logs on power trails. GeoSphere also lets you add local date/time and find count to your log. I always 'sign' my geonick and where I am from on all my logs.

Cachly has this. Just go to Settings and you will see the log defaults option. You can also insert keywords for various things. :)

3 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Welcome to Cachly!

This has been requested by other users, but in looking at the various API methods that we have available to them it doesn't seem like an easy thing to do. We are still investigating this.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for the re-request. Hopefully you can find an easy solution.

3 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Cachly has this. Just go to Settings and you will see the log defaults option. You can also insert keywords for various things. :)

Found it! Thanks. If it were a venomous snake I'd be dead.

Hello Nic

Geosphere is very more flexible with log templates. There are not only placeholders but also multiple templates! I have three templates only for FTF logs: One when I found it alone, one when I am on the field with my cache buddy and another when I made a FTF with other people. This is very useful!

-- Attila