weird object icon showing after spoken logs

dw1

I use Cachly all the time and for the last couple of months, I get a weird icon showing at the end of my logs.  I log using Cachly and using speech-to-text.  When I'm done speaking, I tap the little keyboard at the end.  It all looks good on Cachly, but when I am home at my computer and I check on geocaching.com, my logs have the icon.  Here's an example: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=1d884229-77c0-4a11-b207-50bfaf75b69a

Is there any way to avoid this?  Thanks!

When viewing on my desktop, I see the OBJ icon. Do you only see this when using speech-to-text to enter the log?  Which speech-to-text is being used as it can be different based on the keyboard being used. The default keyboard is different from the google keyboard when using speech-to-text. I'm sure there are other possible keyboards that provide speech-to-text. Knowing which keyboard being used might help further troubleshooting. 

I will also try to test out posting a log to my own cache using the default Apple keyboard and Google keyboard to see if I can reproduce too. 

I did a voice recorded log you can view at https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a603f761-3a98-4d4c-b0a8-a8dfed0ae473 and there's no symbol at the end.  I tried with the default keyboard and Google keyboard selected and neither added the odd special character. I even tried with an exclamation point at the end.

I use firefox at home and I see it on firefox.  Thanks Team DEMP for posting the screenshot - that's exactly it.  When I use cachly, I go into the logging screen and tap on the microphone button to use speech to text.  How do I know what kind of keyboard I'm using?  It's an iphone se, if that helps.

Hmm.  So no way to avoid it?  Should I download a different keyboard?  I'm surprised nobody else has encountered this - it's such an easy way to log.  I find a cache with Cachly, dictate a log, press send, and I'm done.  All my logs have the symbol and it just kind of annoys me!

15 hours ago, dw1 said:

Hmm.  So no way to avoid it?  Should I download a different keyboard?  I'm surprised nobody else has encountered this - it's such an easy way to log.  I find a cache with Cachly, dictate a log, press send, and I'm done.  All my logs have the symbol and it just kind of annoys me!

I have tested this as well and I cannot replicate it either. We have never had any reports of this. Do you happen to have a second device such as an iPad to test this on?

• 1 year later...

I'm getting the same thing in any log where I dictate text, which is any log where I change the template.  At first I just went in and removed all the OBJ/new line character manually, but that got old quick.  I'm using the default iPhone keyboard and use chrome on the desktop.  Has anyone come up with a solution?

I just did a test where I deleted all the text inserted by the template, and dictated "this is a test." , and the OBJ still showed up at the end.