Error: "The account you requested does not exist."

vanBaarsel

First of all: a very happy new year to all Cachly users, and especially to Nic!

Then: since today we noticed an error while using Cachly. It doesn't load any caches anymore, and when refreshing on the live screen, the error "The account you requested does not exist." pops up. It happens on both the Testflight version (on my iPhone X), as on the regular build from the appstore (on my wifes iPhone and the iPad). We did log out, reset the app and log in again, but the same error keeps popping up. Our account is still active, so I'm afraid it might be something API related.

Anyone else experiencing the same error? Or someone with a solution?

13 hours ago, GaryB_CA said:

I'm still getting this message on my iphone, my iPad, and my wife's iPhone.  I tried logging off and back on and nothing works.  we have tried dozens of times today using various networks and am still unable get any "live" caches 

Please see our blog post about this issue: http://medium.com/@cachly/opted-out-user-changes-with-geocaching-com-and-how-to-fix-ee50bf77df5d?

If that doesn't help, are you using live search filters? If so, are you using usernames in those filters? What is your username?

7 hours ago, GaryB_CA said:

Is this correct?

I do not know why Cachly wouldn't show, but I don't see it on mine either. I will ask HQ about this.

7 hours ago, GaryB_CA said:

I'm still getting this message on my iphone,  and my wife's iPhone.

Did you see my other questions above?

If that doesn't help, are you using live search filters? If so, are you using usernames in those filters? What is your username?

I'm still getting this message on my iphone,  and my wife's iPhone.   After I made the changes suggested I noticed that on that Geocaching.com page NONE of my Apple products were on the authorized device list.  And Cachely is NOT on the Approved apps list.  Is this correct?

My Geocaching user name is GB's (note on Apple keyboards you have to pick the apostrophe with the vertical, not the right or left that Apple used as the default apostrophe).  

Honestly l don't know what live search filters are.    I do have a whole slew of Geocaching Friends.

BTW  when I wrote the previous message I did get some caches to load on my iPad however later when I tried again I got the same error message.

Update:   So I started googling to learn what live search was but really couldn't get any real feeling of what  live search meant.  So I when back to Cachly and disabled filtering and amazingly I was able to get caches to load.  So I kept playing around and it seems if I turn on any filter on the filter page  I get the said error.  I can't believe that I can't even filter out my hide or finds without trigging this message and effectively disiabling the "Live" loading of caches.

Since I had filtering enabled for  MyFinds, MyHides, and Use Map Bounds in Search on all my devices  by default it alway worked fine.  What has changed and maybe the better question is when will this problem be fixed?

On 1/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, GaryB_CA said:

What has changed and maybe the better question is when will this problem be fixed?

The problem here is the apostrophe in your username. The geocaching.com API that all partner apps use have a bug (since around Jan 1) that do not like usernames with an apostrophe in them. I have reported the bug a week or so ago and I hope it will be fixed very soon. For the time being, you will have to keep search filters turned off, very sorry about that.