Bulk Log - Pending Logs

Patrick

Question

Hi,

I often to some hike geocache trails where I log the found immediately, but without any log text. So after a day of hiking I have many pending logs. I write one long log and copy and paste it to every cache. It would be nice if I could select all (or some) logs in the pending logs list and apply the log text to all logs. So I don't have to manually open every pending log again.

- Patrick

3 answers to this question

Have you looked at the text templates feature? This would be very helpful for you as you can create default text for various log types that will be auto-inserted into your logs so you don't have to write the same text each time.

As for apply text AFTER pending logs have been created, I don't have plans for this.

My follow-up to Nic's response is something you can consider but it is outside of Cachly using another fine tool called https://www.cachetur.no . Cachetur can do many things but specific to your situation, you would log in Cachly as normal and save as pending logs. When complete for the day with your logging in cachy, go to the Pending logs screen and Export .txt file. Send this to your yourself via email and on Cachetur, you would upload your field notes which is the .txt file exported from Cachly. This feature is more to support a traditional GPSr but the file format is the same. Once in cachetur you can apply cachetur template(s) to selected logs, bulk edit logs, etc. When completed, you can publish them to GC from cachetur. 

Just an option to consider leveraging some other products that work well in partnership with Cachly.