Wrong handling of decimal separators

DrDaffy

Hi,

some time ago I noticed a problem with the handling of decimal separators in Cachly for german users. One part seems fixed, but there are still issues:

Coordinate projection:
When entering bearing and distance you get the numeric keyboard and for german users the decimal separator will be the comma. The bearing seemed to be interpretated correctly now since 90,1 gave me neew coordinates in the east. But it looks like the decimal places ar ignored. I made another test with 180°, 180,1°, 180,9° and 181°. I would have expexted that 180° and 180,1° give nearly the same result and 180,9° and 181° give nearly the same result. But the resulting coordinates for 180°, 180,1° and 180,9° are all the same. This can't be right.
And the distance is even worse. Giving a distance of 50,01 m the new coordinates were 5 km away instead of roundabout 50 m.

Pasting coordinates:
Similar probleme here. At this place I have a normal keyboard thus I have the possibility to use a dot and I can work around, but it is annoying. At this place both should work because german users will usually get coordinates with dot when using internet tools but coordinates with comma when using tools on their phone which respect the language settings. Since dot and comma won't appear together (N52° 28.123 E9° 50.123 OR N52° 28,123 E9° 50,123) this should be possible.

Best,
David

• 4 weeks later...