Time zone issue?

Beardman75

Apologies if this has been raised already. I did a search and couldn’t see it. 

I am in Australia (UTC+10). This morning I logged a cache at 6:21am. However, I noticed that the time listed on the log was 4:21pm this afternoon (ie in the future). I changed it to the correct time but I was worried that it might affect the date as I’m doing a streak. So I checked the date of the log on geocaching.com. Sure enough, it was showing the log as being 1 September instead of 2 September. I have changed the time back so it shows the correct date on the site for now. 

This was working correctly yesterday afternoon. I can’t see that cachly has been updated since then so I’m wondering if this might be a regression in Groundspeak’s API or something. It would be great if this could be resolved so that cachly shows the correct time but geocaching.com also shows the correct date.

Thanks

We have not had any reports about this. Cachly passes your local timezone to the API which then uses it to calculate your correct time.

2 hours ago, Beardman75 said:

This was working correctly yesterday afternoon.

If this is the case, then I am not sure what has been causing it, we have not changed anything in Cachly and I wouldn't expect an API change on a Saturday. 

Can you replicate this issue?

9 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Can you replicate this issue?

I’m not sure what was going on this morning. I grabbed a cache on the way home from work this afternoon and logged it the same way I did this morning. The date and time seem fine.

I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days as I suspect it may be more of a morning issue but I guess it might just have been some transient thing. 

Thanks for your help