Wrong 'Original Coordinates' when offline

DrDaffy

Yesterday I was caching and had an issue with Cashly. At one point on our hiking tour in the mountains we had problems finding a cache and wanted to check our coordinate projection. Based on what Cashly showed as 'Original coordinats' in the list of cache waypoints we did the coordinate projection again. Unfortunately what Cashly showed as 'Original coordinates' were in fact the 'Corrected coordinates'. So I made a second projection on the already projected coordinates and ended at a completely wrong place.

I attached three screenshots. They show a solved Mystery. You see the main screen of the cache with the corrected coordinates and two screenshots of the waypoints. Once it shows the 'Original coordinates' as they should be and once it shows 'Original coordinates' which are in fact the corrected coordinates.

Best,
David

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

Cachly 5.2.5 (1)
iPhone 6
iOS with iOS 12.4

Yes, I can replicate this. Just switched my phone offline, took a Cache at random from one of my offline lists, looked at Waypoints\Cache\Original Coordinates and it showed the corrected coordinates instead of the original ones. Then I switch my phone back online, go back to the main screen of the cache, pull down for update, go back to the waypoints and the original coordinates are OK.

Best,
David

Just tested. What I did:

• Create a test list
  • Go to live view
  • Select a cache with corrected coordinates
  • Selected 'Add to list' from the 'list actions' menu
  • Add to my list
  • Switch to list
  • Selected cache from list
  • Go to Waypoints

Result: A user waypoint named 'Coordinate override' with corrected coordinates and a cache waypoint named 'Original coordinates' also with the corrected coordinates

• Go back to the main screen of the cache and pull down
  • Return to waypoints

Result: No user waypoint but a cache waypoint named 'Original coordinates' with the original coordinates (this is what I would expect)

• Close Cachly
  • Go offline
  • Start Cachly
  • Select the test cache in the test list
  • Go to Waypoints

Result: A user waypoint named 'Coordinate override' with corrected coordinates and a cache waypoint named 'Original coordinates' also with the corrected coordinates

Hope this helps.

Best,
David

Thats right but the caches where I first encountered this problem were done 1 week ago and downloaded for the first time 2 weeks ago. By the way: what meens 'long time ago'. It's only half a year ago I started using Cachly.

If it helps I will repeat this test with a cache I never touched before

Just tested with a new cache I never touched before. Going back to the offline cache while my phone is offline showed the same strange behaviour as before:
the corrected coordinates show up in the list of user waypoints (normally the coordinate ovverride doesn't show up in the list of user waypoints) and in the list of cache waypoints the original coordinates show also the corrected coordinates.

Go back online, switch to the main page of the cache, pull down to update and the waypoints are fixed: no user waypoint and original coordinates which are the original ones

• 1 month later...

Still the same:
while online...

• pick a new mystery cache I never touched and put it on an offline list
  • add corrected coordinates
  • update my offline list so my cahe info stored offline is up to date
    -> everything is fine

close Cachly, go offline, start Cachly again...

• go back to my test list
  • select my test cache
    -> original coordinates show the corrected coordinates

I attached three screenshots:

• main page of the cache showing the corrected coordinates
  • cache waypoints page showing the original coordinates as they should be
  • cache waypoints page showing the corrected coordinates instead of the original ones

Just did this using Cachly 5.2.9

Best,
David