Request failed

Jellis

It just started I was going to search for some local geocaches and I came up with this error a beta tester said to try restarting, tried restarting my phone, tried deleting and reloading the app, check for Wi-Fi, I tried logging out but now I can’t log back in and keep getting same message.

FED22EF6-4C4D-4B20-A5A9-0EA704653C47.png

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

You had said you couldn't login, so I had assumed that meant you couldn't get past the login screen.

If you logout of Cachly and then login again, does this help?

If I open the app that message is the first thing I see. If I click the OK and then try to login that message comes up again no matter what I do that message comes up.

12 minutes ago, Jellis said:

If I open the app that message is the first thing I see. If I click the OK and then try to login that message comes up again no matter what I do that message comes up.

Did you specifically use the Logout option on the More tab though?

7 minutes ago, Jellis said:

I tried deleting the app and reinstalled and same thing happens

This shouldn't ever be needed as it will remove all of your saved data.

38 minutes ago, Jellis said:

I see what you mean. But I don’t understand why it showed no one was logged in but shows to log out. It’s all worked out now. 

So it seems to be working now? If so, there could have been an error on the geocaching.com API side that was causing the server errors.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, barefootguru said:

I thought this might be triggered by the usual annoying ¿monthly? re-login that geocaching.com requires, but the device I had to reauthorise 2 days ago just needed the same fix again.

There will be additional fixes for this coming in our 5.2 version. These were being caused by the new geocaching.com API changes.

After reading this thread, I too, am having the same problem. I’ve tried logging out, but it gives me the error code.  I tried logging out on the geocaching.com website, but that didn’t work.  Tried reinstalling the app and also that did not work.  How did anyone get it to work?  This is my favorite app for geocaching and now I can’t use it!  I believe it was triggered when I started filtering caches.  Could you please let me know any fix to this issue?  Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Milestone17 said:

After reading this thread, I too, am having the same problem. I’ve tried logging out, but it gives me the error code.  I tried logging out on the geocaching.com website, but that didn’t work.  Tried reinstalling the app and also that did not work.  How did anyone get it to work?  This is my favorite app for geocaching and now I can’t use it!  I believe it was triggered when I started filtering caches.  Could you please let me know any fix to this issue?  Thank you.

You're sure you're logging out of geocaching.com from within Cachly?  Tap on …More at bottom right of screen, hit the Logout option at top right of screen.  Then you can login again.