Switching to Google Maps

Thot

There are 2 possible answers to your question.

1) When you start navigating to the cache, you can tap the icon on the bottom right of the map that looks like 3 stacked pieces of paper and select a different map to use.

2) If you want to launch turn by turn navigation, once you start navigating you tap the ... in the top right of the Cachly screen and that will display the available options you have installed on your phone such as Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc. Your list will be specific to what you have installed.

Where are you struggling to get back to the live screen from? From the mapping app you launched or a different screen in Cachly?

If it is from the mapping app, which app did you launch and which phone do you have? You should be able to switch back to Cachly using the standard iPhone options for moving between applications.

• 2 weeks later...

Along these lines....

I have no issue getting routing up, but then I put the phone down and follow the routing direction to the vicinity of the cache.

As I approach the cache location, I am trying to identify where I want to park, best approach etc. My phone is still on the routing app (and probably in sleep mode) so I have to switch back to cachly to look at sat view and cache location, but it has almost always reset/lost/forgotten the cache I was looking for and now I have to do a new search for the cache that 5-10 minutes ago I essentially told the app I was headed to find. 

Minor issue but it would seem that if we exit the app on a routing path, that the app could somehow flag the cache to remain in memory so that it is pre-loaded and open when we return to cachly. 

This would be a different use case than if we are looking at a cache and then close the app (without going to routing). When I reopen the app later in the day, I am probably not interested in the last thing I looked at. 

1 hour ago, diorex said:

As I approach the cache location, I am trying to identify where I want to park, best approach etc. My phone is still on the routing app (and probably in sleep mode) so I have to switch back to cachly to look at sat view and cache location, but it has almost always reset/lost/forgotten the cache I was looking for and now I have to do a new search for the cache that 5-10 minutes ago I essentially told the app I was headed to find. 

This is iOS killing Cachly in the background because it wants more memory for other apps. In Settings you can use the History option to view that previous cache.

1 hour ago, diorex said:

Minor issue but it would seem that if we exit the app on a routing path, that the app could somehow flag the cache to remain in memory so that it is pre-loaded and open when we return to cachly. 

There are ways to do this and we are working to have this in a future version.