Waypoints not saving

Mister Doctor

I’ve updated to 5.1.2.

I think the issue is the same. I do see all my saved waypoints on start up, but if I add a new one it is initially there with the rest but they all disappear if I leave that cache and return.

If I quit out of the app and restart it all the waypoints are back again, including my newly added ones...

7 minutes ago, Mister Doctor said:

I’ve updated to 5.1.2.

I think the issue is the same. I do see all my saved waypoints on start up, but if I add a new one it is initially there with the rest but they all disappear if I leave that cache and return.

If I quit out of the app and restart it all the waypoints are back again, including my newly added ones...

Can you please confirm if this is in offline or live?

I’m having the same problem, 5.1.2(3)

it doesn’t change whatever is defaulted to when I paste new coords in, and then doesn’t keep the one I edit to. Seems to only affect the North coords, not the West, at least here at GeoWoodstock. 

I think I remember older versions changing coords on paste, both N & W. 

20 hours ago, teammoehrke said:

it doesn’t change whatever is defaulted to when I paste new coords in, and then doesn’t keep the one I edit to. Seems to only affect the North coords, not the West, at least here at GeoWoodstock. 

This sounds like a different issue. Can you explain a bit more?

Okay this is getting weird. It was giving me fits yesterday in in Texas when trying to add a waypoint for a Wherigo in Arlington, GC1ME2W. I just tried it again and it is behaving the same. The solution waypoint should be N 32.42.144  W 97 09.632, but when I save the new one it shifts to N 32.49.200 W 97 09.632. Every single time  

But, and this is where it gets weird, now I’m in Colorado, and when I test it with GC1KCWX up north of here it works perfectly, no changes of digits at all. 

So, I don’t know. I’ll have to wait to see if the problem reappears, or if there is some odd vortex in that Wherigo. 

Found the container, BTW. 6EB74620-1636-4623-9D05-D0E872707B2E.thumb.png.d04fee84d1689a2875c2ff0001f6a974.png

07E6345D-72DF-425B-8835-D34BAC573EE4.png

• 5 months later...

The thread is a little old, but do not see where it was resolved. I have had this same problem basically since I started using Cachly a year ago. After I put in a waypoint, (which does show as the current coords, not zeros, when I start.) carefully make sure I save it before leaving the page. I can open it and navigate to the site. Close it and reopen it and everything is okay. But at some point it disappears. I have tested by creating a waypoint, saving it, copying it and pasting into the "Personal Note" section. At some point when I go back the waypoint is gone, but the personal note remains. Maybe when syncing with Geocaching.com it is overwritten? (Because I see the note on Geocaching.com now, but not the waypoint.) Currently on 5.2.13 (2). I just noticed this again. I solved a mystery cache, put the coords in, went and found the cache, logged the find, went home, now the waypoint is gone. If there is other information I can provide please let me know!

ADDED: Not an issue, but often I end up with TWO identical waypoints, and do not delete either of them, but editing one sometimes I end up with THREE, some with original coordinates, then one new one with new/edited coords as if I "Copied" the original and then edited it, but I am not doing that, at least intentionally. 

ADDED TWO: Okay, I read what the other poster wrote about closing the app completely, then reopening it. That DID work, I now see the new and edited coordinates. BUT I thought I had deleted the original one since it was just to see if it would stay. So maybe I need to begin closing it completely each time I make a waypoint.....

I do have the official Geocaching app installed also, but not normally open at the same time. I just checked and the old and edited coordinates show up in that app also. Well, I guess I know how to at least see them now if they disappear again. And yes, this is all "live".

14 minutes ago, Smilch said:

The thread is a little old, but do not see where it was resolved. I have had this same problem basically since I started using Cachly a year ago. After I put in a waypoint, (which does show as the current coords, not zeros, when I start.) carefully make sure I save it before leaving the page. I can open it and navigate to the site. Close it and reopen it and everything is okay. But at some point it disappears. I have tested by creating a waypoint, saving it, copying it and pasting into the "Personal Note" section. At some point when I go back the waypoint is gone, but the personal note remains. Maybe when syncing with Geocaching.com it is overwritten? (Because I see the note on Geocaching.com now, but not the waypoint.) Currently on 5.2.13 (2). I just noticed this again. I solved a mystery cache, put the coords in, went and found the cache, logged the find, went home, now the waypoint is gone. If there is other information I can provide please let me know!

ADDED: Not an issue, but often I end up with TWO identical waypoints, and do not delete either of them, but editing one sometimes I end up with THREE, some with original coordinates, then one new one with new/edited coords as if I "Copied" the original and then edited it, but I am not doing that, at least intentionally.

Is this on the live tab or offline?

10 hours ago, Smilch said:

I am maybe not sure after all, if I use “history” to open a cache page is that still live or not? So I just tried that and see the live tab grays out, so I would say there is a good possibility I am not live after all. 

If you access history, it will first check your offline lists to see if it contains an offline cache. It that is not found then it will load a live cache.