Jump to content
dpalin

Startup location

Recommended Posts

When I startup cachly 5.0 on my iOS 12.1.4 it will show caches in the UK but not my actual location as there. I can then scroll to Vancouver, WA (my location) and do a refresh and see local caches. This seems to be a bit inconsistent in that sometimes it will find and show my location correctly with caches around me. Is there a setting so that it goes to my location by default.

 

 

 

Thanks!

 

IMG_5434.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that you have search Filters on, do you have those set to the UK? Try turning those off or resetting them.

Also, were you at the Cachly event last night? It was in Salmon Creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Filtering is not on at the moment but it is inconsistent in that it does not do it all the time, I have killed the app a couple times this morning and it seems to now be going back to my present location (arg). I usually have it set to exclude my finds and hides is all that is ever enabled in the filtering, I don't see a location setting in the filter settings.

 

 

I was not able to make the event yesterday, had something come up but had planned too originally.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dpalin said:

Filtering is not on at the moment but it is inconsistent in that it does not do it all the time, I have killed the app a couple times this morning and it seems to now be going back to my present location (arg). I usually have it set to exclude my finds and hides is all that is ever enabled in the filtering, I don't see a location setting in the filter settings.

In filtering there is an option for State or Country. Just didn't know if you had selected England without realizing, as it would only show caches there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

In filtering there is an option for State or Country. Just didn't know if you had selected England without realizing, as it would only show caches there.

In the filtering section with the  "LIMIT TO STATE AND COUNTRY" when I select US State it is not on any specific state and likewise with Country same thing. It is not doing it now so I guess I will check those settings next time I see it happen, most recently was yesterday morning. I don't think I changed any settings, it just opens up like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, dpalin said:

In the filtering section with the  "LIMIT TO STATE AND COUNTRY" when I select US State it is not on any specific state and likewise with Country same thing. It is not doing it now so I guess I will check those settings next time I see it happen, most recently was yesterday morning. I don't think I changed any settings, it just opens up like that. 

Happened again Wednesday morning and today, I was in Salmon creek. Some screen captures below. The only filters I had set were to exclude my finds and hides. I did have Google maps setup with a destination if that makes a difference, I knew where I was going more for the distance there and best parking position. I can send today's as well but both had the same starting location. Wednesday I was using mobile data and today I was in my driveway in East Vancouver still connected to my home WiFi.

 

 

 

I hope this helps.

 

 

 

Doug

 

IMG_5458.PNG

IMG_5459.PNG

IMG_5460.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 8:57 PM, dpalin said:

Happened again Wednesday morning and today, I was in Salmon creek. Some screen captures below. The only filters I had set were to exclude my finds and hides. I did have Google maps setup with a destination if that makes a difference, I knew where I was going more for the distance there and best parking position. I can send today's as well but both had the same starting location. Wednesday I was using mobile data and today I was in my driveway in East Vancouver still connected to my home WiFi.

In the More tab, can you use the "Email Support" option and choose to send Debug Data? This will help me see the network request that is being made. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×