Navagation Screen doing weird things

Thot

For the second time today, I tried to use the Navigation function.  After selecting my car and the target were on the screen, but the target was 2 miles directly behind me as I moved out.  The distance to the target worked so I used that but as I got withing about a mile, neither my car nor the target were on the screen.  I continued to use the distance which took me to the location but for a mile or so the car and target were still not on the screen and they were not present when I reached the location.

I did not move the map.  I assumed it would follow me.  Did you miss where I said it was pointing directly behind me to the target behind?  Given it was pointing in the opposite direction I figured it was useless anyway.

I did try to go to Google maps but having not done it before I couldn't figure out how to change it to navigation while in traffic.  Now that I'm home I now see how.

I had never used Google navigation before

11 minutes ago, Thot said:

I did not move the map.  I assumed it would follow me.  Did you miss where I said it was pointing directly behind me to the target behind?  Given it was pointing in the opposite direction I figured it was useless anyway.

The map doesn't follow you unless you tell it to. Make sure to tap the location button on the bottom right until it turns solid.

There is the more button and the arrowhead on the bottom right.  Do you mean the arrowhead?

• Cachly version number  I suggest you explain in Posting Guidelines and in your online help where the version is
  • iOS version  12.1.4
  • Device that you are using  iPhone
  • Screen that issue is happening on and if you can replicate it
  • If you are a Regular or Premium user of geocaching.com  Premium
  • GC code if your question is about a specific cache