Cachly currently not usable for me

two bison

Using Version 4.3.7 ... the forums indicate that updating might be a serious mistake as I read of crashing problems.

Yesterday, Cachly worked as usual ... i.e. smoothly. Today ... not so much. To upload caches to Cachly my usual process was to email a GPX file from GSAK to myself, open the email attachment, and, when I clicked to upload,  Cachly was listed as a an available choice to upload to an offline list. Today, that choice has vanished. Thus, no uploading can occur. 

Can you give me a workaround while we wait for the crash issues to settle down or are we now, as of March 1, being forced to update to 5.0 to load caches?

5.0 is very stable, you are likely reading about a few users who have had issues that we resolved. But, ultimately this is up to you.

39 minutes ago, two bison said:

Yesterday, Cachly worked as usual ... i.e. smoothly. Today ... not so much. To upload caches to Cachly my usual process was to email a GPX file from GSAK to myself, open the email attachment, and, when I clicked to upload,  Cachly was listed as a an available choice to upload to an offline list. Today, that choice has vanished. Thus, no uploading can occur. 

This process hasn't been changed at all in 4.x or in 5.0. Importing GPX and .zip has always and will always be an option. If you are using the same 4.x version yesterday and today, then it is something that iOS itself is doing, not Cachly, we have no way of remotely disabling this option. I would restart your phone and see if the option returns.

41 minutes ago, two bison said:

Can you give me a workaround while we wait for the crash issues to settle down or are we now, as of March 1, being forced to update to 5.0 to load caches?

You are never forced to update. :)

Well, since "This process hasn't been changed at all in 4.x or in 5.0" I went looking for the next obvious solution ... user error. It took several times though ... one might wonder how I ever find a cache ... before I found the problem. Somehow, I'd mailed myself an x.txt file instead of an x.gpx file ... problem solved. Thanks for your vote of confidence but it would never occur to me that the problem would be in the iOS.

Thanks for your prompt reply. No doubt, I'll update to 5.0 but you have to admit a nearby support thread labelled "Cachly 5 crashes constantly" is just a little offputting when I was having difficulties of my own.