Is there an easy way to share a cache via Airdrop

Highlands_guy

We were trying to Airdrop a single cache tonight and couldn't figure out how to do it. I was on the receiving end and it seemed to come in as a text file.It was sent as a text file. This is the content of the text file:

Checkout geocache "ROCK-ET - HAG XV" (GC80PC0) #geocaching #cachly http://coord.info/GC80PC0

I ended up putting it into Dropbox, opening the text file, copying the GC code and pasting it into Cachly.

Is there an easier way to send a single cache?

Thanks.

The share option in Cachly was only meant for social media and for copying the "Checkout geocache..." text. iOS started adding other things to the share dialog that we never intended it for.

The way to do what you are wanting is to use the "Export GPX" option, this will then bring up the same Share dialog and from there you can choose Airdrop. Then the person on the other end will be able to import the cache on their end, including the data that was part of the cache such as waypoints, etc.

Thank Nick. I tried it and it works great! Shared by airdrop, text message and e-mail.

Question: When sharing a cache with corrected coordinates (and i send private data), is there any way the person receiving the GPX file into Cachly can tell it has corrected coordinates?

Thanks again. (PS: I'm really looking forward to Sunday, the 24th)

10 hours ago, Highlands_guy said:

Question: When sharing a cache with corrected coordinates (and i send private data), is there any way the person receiving the GPX file into Cachly can tell it has corrected coordinates?

They would see the normal red triangle to indicate a corrected coordinate.

However, importing corrected coordinates in this way does not sync them to geocaching.com.