Cachly on Apple CarPlay

Maattmoo

Question

Hello, 

just wondering if there would be any possibility for cachly or navigation to a cache to be able to be connected to the Apple CarPlay 

I asked on Facebook page also and a couple of others like the thought of it too. 

Would it be at all possible? 

Thanks in advance for your time and considerations 

regards

Maattmoo

11 answers to this question

On 8/13/2018 at 2:28 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

I don't have plans to develop a CarPlay app for Cachly.

Is this still the official line? It'd be great to be able to pull up a map full of caches on the in-car screen and tap one to navigate to rather than pull the phone out of the glove box, find a cache, navigate to, select open in maps, put phone back in glove box and then drive off

6 hours ago, Beardman75 said:

Is this still the official line? It'd be great to be able to pull up a map full of caches on the in-car screen and tap one to navigate to rather than pull the phone out of the glove box, find a cache, navigate to, select open in maps, put phone back in glove box and then drive off

I would be interested in building this. I put in an application for the CarPlay program to Apple probably a year ago, but have not hear back. You can’t even start development without approval and some special files they provide.  

Would love to see Cachly support CarPlay.  While I usually tell Cachly to use Apple Maps to navigate, it would be great to also be able to show the Cachly map with caches directly on the car's screen.

Would be useful when gathering a number of caches in an area, rather than setting up Apple Maps to navigate to each one; and also when there's no cellular reception.