Another feature request.

Ham fam

Question

15 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Ham fam said:

I could see a benefit in adding the ability to ignore via settings if a cache's most recent X caches are DNFs.  I hate getting to a cache only to find that it's not been found the last 5 times.

Hopefully we'll see this feature in the future. Back in Feb 2017 Nic said "This is a good idea. Filter caches with recent DNFs. Will add this to our list." He's really great at implementing requested features that are do-able, so hopefully, filtering for rows of DNFs has moved up the list near the top. 

2 hours ago, rragan said:

The only odd thing would be the user asked for 50 and only got 40 since 10 were discarded (or hidden) by the "too many DNFs" filter.

The reason I don't do this is there could be some search results where we filter out all caches, and the next request might be the same. So they user might be confused why they over and over are loading caches but nothing is showing.

A sever side solution is ideal, a client side solution is not.

37 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

It would require load of full caches to get the logs, but that option can be turned on.

I like it.  I think others would too.  Also if you could make it user settable as to how many DNFs trigger the icon.  Some days you may feel lucky and other days, you just want caches that are probably there.

The only sad thing is that after the DNF threshold is reached, no one will go there to make the crucial "needs maintenance" to kick the CO and awaken the reviewer to start the days until archived counter. 

Some thought is needed though regarding just DNF counts. A group of 3 may not find it on the same day. Should n DNFs on a single day count as 1? I tend to think so. I guess if Needs Maint is the status, DNF icon would not show. Does 1 find override a string of previous DNFs. I think it has to. 

13 hours ago, rragan said:

A group of 3 may not find it on the same day. Should n DNFs on a single day count as 1?

My preferences, I'd like to see them count as 3. If those 3 people are seasoned cachers, the cache may actually be missing.

It would be nice (but probably too complicated) if we could choose whether we want DNFs on the same day to count as 1.  

I thought of the seasoned cachers case but didn't want to make the checking too complex. Sometimes you are just going to hit a DNF for a case like this but I expect they will be uncommon. You still have the logs to show multiple DNFs that you could consult before heading there. 

On 7/24/2018 at 6:05 PM, rragan said:

The only sad thing is that after the DNF threshold is reached, no one will go there to make the crucial "needs maintenance" to kick the CO and awaken the reviewer to start the days until archived counter. 

Some thought is needed though regarding just DNF counts. A group of 3 may not find it on the same day. Should n DNFs on a single day count as 1? I tend to think so. I guess if Needs Maint is the status, DNF icon would not show. Does 1 find override a string of previous DNFs. I think it has to. 

Locally I use GSAK to do this. I'm a pain.