Cachly is loading slow

nwpvr

Hi,

I'm a happy cachly-user for a long time now, but since a couple of weeks we're experiencing some very annoying slow loading of caches while scrolling the map and tap the "renew/reload" button on the bottom of the map. Sometimes it took ages before new caches appear and sometimes no new caches are showing up and the app keeps loading and loading. Same for saving drafts when we found a cache. When we close the app in iOS (by swiping the app upwards after a double home tap), the app seems to work for some moments and then it repeats.

We're using the app on 2 different iPhones 8. Meanwhile, we also see some other cachers with the same problem on the Dutch FB-page "Geocaching voor iedereen" (translated as Geocaching for anybody, which is the largest community in the Netherlands with over 10,000 members).

I keep an eye on the http://status.geocaching.com page, which monitors the API. Sometimes we see that here are some issues, but sometimes not. 

We're also experiencing a very slow load with the online open street maps on a 4G dataplan. The map is building up very slow.

is this a know issue?

I don't know how often they update the status page, but this weekend there were multiple threads in the geocaching forum on issues with login and API access.  I suspect issues one would see loading caches live or from an online list would be Geocaching.com related. Especially if caches load quickly from an offline list.

Nothing has changed in Cachly with loading caches for quite some time. Our recent changes changes to the UI and moving fo the refresh button was only cosmetic and didn't affect the underlying code. This sounds like there is likely some geocaching.com issues that are causing the slowness. :(