Navigating to waypoint - others visible

ChrisDen

Question

When you navigate to the published (or corrected) coordinate the other waypoints (eg parking, trailhead, etc) are visible on the map. However, when navigating to any of the other waypoints then only that waypoint is visible on the map. This only happens if you select the other waypoint from the waypoint list. If you are navigating to the published waypoints and then chose one of the others off te map then they all stay visible.

11 answers to this question

Here's my experience...

Launch a cache that has multiple waypoints. I used GC6GR7F which has 3 waypoints. 

When I tap Navigate to Cache, the map shows the main target waypoint and the 2 additional waypoints with the main waypoint as the destination. I can click on one of the additional waypoints displayed in the map, select Set as Target and the line moves to that waypoint while the other 2 remaining on the screen. 

Is there a different use case/flow @ChrisDen is taking where the additional Waypoints aren't displayed?

15 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

Yes. Go to the cache details screen. Tap waypoints. Tap the parking or trailhead waypoint, not the published coords. Hey screen only shows one waypoint.

BC93B706-026C-4D5B-81BB-90DDD5C2A36A.png

579E5CB9-874C-4B31-B009-44FD63435255.png

This is expected functionality since you are tapping a specific waypoint, you will only get info/location of that waypoint. To see all waypoints just use the Navigate to Cache screen.

11 hours ago, Bolling said:

I personally like seeing the waypoints even if I pick one.

I agree, I don't see a reason to hide the other waypoints even if you specifically chose one from the waypoint list. I've been frustrated by this in the past because I'm in the habit of going through the waypoint list to pick a non-final waypoint rather than using Navigate and changing the target. I would prefer a consistent approach that shows all waypoints for the current cache, regardless of how you started navigation.