Pending Logs losing data

1967kevin

I'm having a problem with Cachly 4.2.1 (1) whereby some logs are losing their data when I save them.  As you will see on the attached screenshot, the last log for Church Micro 10619...Wilton - St Mary does not have a time or date and has also lost the fact that it has been found.  The cache was actually found after Church Micro 10620, which is at the top of the page.  The Found It template that is applied to all found caches is also missing.  This happened last week while I was on holiday and again today.  It appears to be random and has happened on only one of my nine logs today.

IMG_8846.thumb.PNG.b977b14cda80aed6d976bf7a1b3cd99d.PNG

2 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Is anyone able to replicate this? I have not ever seen this issue in development or in real-world testing.

I can’t force Cachly to do this, but it has happened three or four times now.  Not sure if it’s important, but yesterday I was using an offline list with about 9000 caches saved in it.  All the other caches logged correctly were from the same offline list and it saved logs correctly before and after the one that it dropped the information from. 

9 hours ago, 1967kevin said:

I can’t force Cachly to do this, but it has happened three or four times now.  Not sure if it’s important, but yesterday I was using an offline list with about 9000 caches saved in it.  All the other caches logged correctly were from the same offline list and it saved logs correctly before and after the one that it dropped the information from. 

Thanks. Will look deeper into the issue.

I just wanted to ask about this, when I noticed that this error was already mentioned. The "found" or "DNF" disappears, which stops the upload.

It happened quite often recently, in addition the date turns to the year 2000. I was afraid that this happened, because I was travelling to an other time zone. But it also happened in may home area without the challenge of the time zone.

Mysterious.

One more Issue I noticed: It usually took some time (10 to 15 minutes) to download a PQ with 1000 caches, no photos (I tested it with different internet connections). Recently it took 40 minutes for the same PQ and today it took over 1 hour so I eliminated the download (direct download from GC.com). 

Is there a faster way to download PQ? Is it supposed to take that long? Are there some tips and tricks?

8 minutes ago, Btwchen said:

One more Issue I noticed: It usually took some time (10 to 15 minutes) to download a PQ with 1000 caches, no photos (I tested it with different internet connections). Recently it took 40 minutes for the same PQ and today it took over 1 hour so I eliminated the download (direct download from GC.com). 

Is there a faster way to download PQ? Is it supposed to take that long? Are there some tips and tricks?

It absolutely should not take this long. I have never seen a 1,000 cache PQ take longer than 2 minutes.

Uiii, autsch... It always took long (when I first got cachly), so I accepted that fact from the beginning and was sad. I have 20 off-line-lists and was afraid that the many lists are the reason for being slow.

Also opening an off line list takes a while, I assumed having 4000 and more caches in one list might cause that. 

What are the top limits for caches in one list? 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

It absolutely should not take this long. I have never seen a 1,000 cache PQ take longer than 2 minutes.

A PQ of 1000 caches can take anything from 2 minutes to 10 minutes. I have assumed it is the fact that I live so far from HQ.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that HQ run a mirror server that serves some countries. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

A PQ of 1000 caches can take anything from 2 minutes to 10 minutes. I have assumed it is the fact that I live so far from HQ.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that HQ run a mirror server that serves some countries. 

I have rewritten this code and have a 1,000 PQ of South Africa downloading in 20 seconds. Might be even faster on better internet.

I deleted the programme and installed it fresh and now it works much faster.   :-)

Even though I had the most recent version it took forever, no idea why it did that, maybe something went wrong with the first try. I just have to get my Lists back in order, no problem.

31 minutes ago, Btwchen said:

I deleted the programme and installed it fresh and now it works much faster.   :-)

Even though I had the most recent version it took forever, no idea why it did that, maybe something went wrong with the first try. I just have to get my Lists back in order, no problem.

How long have you had Cachly installed? It is possible that if you have had it installed for a year or so that the database could have gotten cluttered from some old versions.

24 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

How long have you had Cachly installed? It is possible that if you have had it installed for a year or so that the database could have gotten cluttered from some old versions.

I had it since October 2017, not that long.

I downloaded some maps for off line use, could that be the reason for it?

We are in a road trip. Did our logs as went and saved them. Tonight I did the minor edits and sent them one at a time. The last one crashed when I tried to edit it. The date field is blank as is the log type. Both of those would have been completed before saving. The message field was blank as I did not add any message. 

It was the last log of the day. 

I had to delete it and log agsin. 

4B3D27E1-8340-4EA2-BF48-A793911C0375.png

16 minutes ago, ChrisDen said:

We are in a road trip. Did our logs as went and saved them. Tonight I did the minor edits and sent them one at a time. The last one crashed when I tried to edit it. The date field is blank as is the log type. Both of those would have been completed before saving. The message field was blank as I did not add any message. 

It was the last log of the day. 

I had to delete it and log agsin. 

4B3D27E1-8340-4EA2-BF48-A793911C0375.png

That is exactly the problem I get.  Out of interest, did you log the cache from an online list? And if so, roughly how many caches are saved in that particular list?

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching for information on a different topic and stumbled on this thread. Let me add a "me too". It happened once on a road trip last week. The cache in questions was the last of that day.I think it was fine for about a day. Then when I went to catch up on logging the following day I noticed the cache was not in the right position in the list. Like the initial screen shot it was missing all the data. If I tapped on it, Cachly would crash. I eventual just logged it on the site and deleted the pending log. Then everything was fine. If it happens again I'll try to get more details.

I'm also facing this issue, and relatively frequently.  I had it happen three times today.

the only way to fix the cache with an issue is to delete the log and then recreate it.  Any attempt to edit the log that has lost the data causes the app to crash.  

IMG_1638.PNG

7 hours ago, AnyMules said:

I'm also facing this issue, and relatively frequently.  I had it happen three times today.

the only way to fix the cache with an issue is to delete the log and then recreate it.  Any attempt to edit the log that has lost the data causes the app to crash.  

I have been trying hard to replicate this but I cannot.

Has anyone found a use case that will replicate the issue?

For me, it was pretty much like this (which is my usual caching behaviour):

1) Using Cachly in offline mode (with offline maps if that makes any difference, but probably not)

2) Find a cache and log a Found, visit a TB or two, then click Save at the top of the screen.

3) Repeat the above a few times, perhaps closing the app and using other apps, or putting phone in standby with power button while walking between them.

4) After logging a few, open up the Pending Logs, and there will be one without the same info as the rest (missing Date, Log Type, Message).

• 11 months later...