TeamPlys

Decrypt hint

Question

9 answers to this question

The hint is only shown decrypted and there is no action to take. 

Are you seeing this on all caches or a specific cache and if it's specific what is the cache number (starts with GC) and cache name/location? 

2 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Oh interesting. What are the GC codes?

Here's one I found with an upside down hint - https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4NVQE_harbourview?guid=7491c91a-05d8-47a5-a914-7b45a168ceae 

Not sure what folks use to do it but http://www.upsidedowntext.com/ or a similar site might be used.

I was playing around with this in V 2.0. I like the default as a decoded hint since it's hidden until selected anyway. But to actually encode a hint I had to turn the option on and off.   Whenever I go back to Settings the decode hint option shows as off even when it is on.  Not a big deal but I wanted to point it out. 

4 hours ago, Bolling said:

I was playing around with this in V 2.0. I like the default as a decoded hint since it's hidden until selected anyway. But to actually encode a hint I had to turn the option on and off.   Whenever I go back to Settings the decode hint option shows as off even when it is on.  Not a big deal but I wanted to point it out. 

Well shoot, you found a bug. Somehow when we were building in a new Settings option that switch got its association messed up. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Well shoot, you found a bug. Somehow when we were building in a new Settings option that switch got its association messed up. Thanks!

That's two bugs found this week.  I'm on a roll.    Just picking, Cachly is great.