A couple of suggestions

Team DEMP

Question

I'm a newer purchaser and haven't yet put the app through many days of use but I really enjoy what it offers. The main reason I looked for an app was the display of solved puzzle caches in the gc.com free app didn't show with corrected coords which made it useless to use the map page in locating solved caches.

In my initial use finding just a couple of caches, I've noticed 2 items for consideration

1) When launching a cache on geocaching.com (... -> View on geoaching.com) , Cachly currently launches in an internal browser. Each time it launches, you need to log in, assuming you want to do something as an authenticated user. Is it possibly to launch an external browser (I use Chrome) as it would remember me as a logged in user. Or maybe if using the internal browser that it persist the necessary gc.com cookie?

2) The photos feature on a cache is great but unlike similar links to Hint, Trackables, etc if there are no Photos, the link is active and you click to see there are no photos to display. Can the app detect there are no photos and disable the option to click through like with no hint, no trackables, etc?

As a side note unrelated to the app, the forums here seem to no longer show replies/views for any posts started in late July. You can see this on http://www.cach.ly/support/index.php?/forum/3-feature-requests/looking at the top posts in the forum where it shows 0/0 for replied and views. 

Many thanks!

1 answer to this question

I'm a newer purchaser and haven't yet put the app through many days of use but I really enjoy what it offers. The main reason I looked for an app was the display of solved puzzle caches in the gc.com free app didn't show with corrected coords which made it useless to use the map page in locating solved caches.

In my initial use finding just a couple of caches, I've noticed 2 items for consideration

1) When launching a cache on geocaching.com (... -> View on geoaching.com) , Cachly currently launches in an internal browser. Each time it launches, you need to log in, assuming you want to do something as an authenticated user. Is it possibly to launch an external browser (I use Chrome) as it would remember me as a logged in user. Or maybe if using the internal browser that it persist the necessary gc.com cookie?

2) The photos feature on a cache is great but unlike similar links to Hint, Trackables, etc if there are no Photos, the link is active and you click to see there are no photos to display. Can the app detect there are no photos and disable the option to click through like with no hint, no trackables, etc?

As a side note unrelated to the app, the forums here seem to no longer show replies/views for any posts started in late July. You can see this on http://www.cach.ly/support/index.php?/forum/3-feature-requests/looking at the top posts in the forum where it shows 0/0 for replied and views. 

Many thanks!

Thanks for trying Cachly!

1. The internal browser issue is something I will fix in the next update. Thanks for pointing that out!

2. For the photos, we don't receive the number of photos until we make a call to that API. So unfortunately this isn't possible. 

Thanks for these questions, and I will look into that forum issue!