Scan TB QR Code

Raiden38

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi Nic, Any updates on this? I found a few TB this week end that had QRCodes on it. Would make it much easier then entering all the letters.

I'm pushing my luck here, but I know that some apps can recognise letters and numbers from the camera. Perhaps if there is an API availble for it, you would be able to just put the TB near the camera and it will decode the letters/numbers?..

If not, just a QR Code reader would be nice! :)

2 hours ago, Raiden38 said:

Hi Nic, Any updates on this? I found a few TB this week end that had QRCodes on it. Would make it much easier then entering all the letters.

I'm pushing my luck here, but I know that some apps can recognise letters and numbers from the camera. Perhaps if there is an API availble for it, you would be able to just put the TB near the camera and it will decode the letters/numbers?..

If not, just a QR Code reader would be nice! :)

QR Code reading is easy and will be in the next release (4.0.1). OCR text conversion isn't as easy so I will explore this for a future release.

Nic, this is great news, thanks so much. Can’t wait to try it.

Do you need something? I have a TB at home with a QR code, if you need data or testing.

As for OCR, I did’nt know about TBScan (like rragan suggested), I will try it out, thanks! However, if someday you which to use OCR to to recognize the TB codes, I suggest you do it in the app and not outside as rragan suggested. There is no need to build an separate app with the same features then another app that already exist. The idea is to be able to quickly scan a code directly from Cachly.

Thanks again!

Steven

On 2/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

QR Code reading is easy and will be in the next release (4.0.1). OCR text conversion isn't as easy so I will explore this for a future release.

I have version 4.0.1 but don't see anything in the trackable logging for QRreading. Where can I do this?