Newbie Questions :)

Raiden38

Hi Everyone! CachLy newbee here. I have been using Geocahing app but just bought the new cachy app! Looks very very awesome! However, I still have a few questions:

1) I Often use the Lists on the Geocaching Website. I see the list in Bookmark in the Other section. I also see that you save those lists into the offline section. However there is no synchronisation done between the two. Is there a way to have them synchronised so that when I add a cache from the website, it will add it to my offline list in cachy? If not, is there a way to put the bookmarks in the tab at the bottom, for easy access? I really like to plan my caches on the website, and then have them synchronised to my iphone!

2) About default messages. I can setup a message for Success and DNF however for any other messages, it will show up the last selection done. How can I put a template for the Found and DNF message but leave the box empty for any other types?

3) I had a few crashes while looking at my bookmarks from the other menu

4) Is there a way to send a message to the owner?

5) Is there a way to have 2 different view from the Caches icon? So I would like Google Standard view when looking at overall caches, but when I click on a cache and select to go there, I would like to see Google Satellite view. Currently, both view has the same settings

5) Do you plan an native iPad version? Also, perhaps a Apple Watch app with the compass to the cache?

Thanks! 

Steven

2 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

1) I Often use the Lists on the Geocaching Website. I see the list in Bookmark in the Other section. I also see that you save those lists into the offline section. However there is no synchronisation done between the two. Is there a way to have them synchronised so that when I add a cache from the website, it will add it to my offline list in cachy? If not, is there a way to put the bookmarks in the tab at the bottom, for easy access? I really like to plan my caches on the website, and then have them synchronised to my iphone!

There isn't a way to sync lists from geocaching.com with the offline lists in Cachly. Those lists work as completely offline versions of caches that you add.  You can however save the contents of a bookmark list offline. First view the bookmark list, then tap the ... button on the top right and choose "Save to Offline List". Saving it again will only update the caches in the database rather then creating a duplicate.

6 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

2) About default messages. I can setup a message for Success and DNF however for any other messages, it will show up the last selection done. How can I put a template for the Found and DNF message but leave the box empty for any other types?

If you have created two text templates, one with the log type of Found, and another with DNF, then creating a log of a different type will leave the message blank. Is this not happening for you?

6 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

3) I had a few crashes while looking at my bookmarks from the other menu

Can you replicate this on a specific bookmark list? If so, can you provide your username and bookmark name so I can try to replicate?

7 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

4) Is there a way to send a message to the owner?

You can use the mail icon when on a user profile and it will take you to the email option for a user. However, currently HQ does not allow third-party partners to add the Message Center to their apps.

8 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

5) Do you plan an native iPad version? Also, perhaps a Apple Watch app with the compass to the cache?

iPad is something we are considering. Apple Watch is something I have wanted since the watch came out, but as of Series 3, there is still no compass hardware in the watch, so you would still have to carry your phone, flat in your hand in order to get compass data and send to the watch. Not really an "improvement".

Thanks for using Cachly!

Hi Nic. Wow, thanks so much for the super quick reply, I was definilty not expected it!

Not sure how to do the nice reply like you so I will just go with numbers lol

1) Got it. Would there be a way to customise the bottom bar so that I could put the bookmarks for easier access. Or perhaps a suggestion would be to rename this icon as "Lists" and then inside you put both Offline lists and Bookmarks (seperated by a divider)

2) No. If I select Success or DNF, it will show the good template. However, if I select Success and then I select "Need Maintenance", it will leave the Success message.

3) Strangly, no. I did that a few times, but I am not sure how exactly. I was just looking at my bookmarks. I have 2 and both have french accents. My username is Raiden38

4-5) Thanks!

Other question:

Is there a way to have 2 different view from the Caches icon? So I would like Google Standard view when looking at overall caches, but when I click on a cache and select to go there, I would like to see Google Satellite view. Currently, both view has the same settings

1) Got it. Would there be a way to customise the bottom bar so that I could put the bookmarks for easier access. Or perhaps a suggestion would be to rename this icon as "Lists" and then inside you put both Offline lists and Bookmarks (seperated by a divider)

Possibly in the future.

2) No. If I select Success or DNF, it will show the good template. However, if I select Success and then I select "Need Maintenance", it will leave the Success message.

I am not sure I would consider this a bug or not. If text is inserted by a log type template then it "sticks". If you change to a log type without a template, it will stay there.

3 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

Is there a way to have 2 different view from the Caches icon? So I would like Google Standard view when looking at overall caches, but when I click on a cache and select to go there, I would like to see Google Satellite view. Currently, both view has the same settings

No. There isn't a way to do this.

5 hours ago, Raiden38 said:

5) Is there a way to have 2 different view from the Caches icon? So I would like Google Standard view when looking at overall caches, but when I click on a cache and select to go there, I would like to see Google Satellite view. Currently, both view has the same settings

This is a feature a requested a while ago. Hopefully it will make the cut some day.