What's new in V5
If you are a user of the previous version of Cachly then have a look at the new features and changes that you will get when upgrading.
- Brand new Premium Offline Maps
- Google Maps and Street View
- Log upvoting
- Lonely caches show special icon
- Highlight colors with iCloud sync
- Sorting and filtering highlight colors
- View multiple offline lists at the same time
- View all offline caches in database
- Live search can load full caches
- Log dots shown in list and map callout views
- Coordinate detection allows tapping for quick actions using the coordinates
- Apple Flyover Maps
- Offline list search
- Turn off live filtering but keep settings
- History syncs across devices
- Event caches happening within 24 hours show special icon
- Offline Filtering: date published, hidden year, hidden month, multiple string search, lonely
- Visual distinction between Disabled and Archived caches
- Premium Offline Map layer customization
- Live filtering: show caches with or without notes
- Logs now support markdown
- Navigation to cache shows other caches in area
- Pending log can be viewed from cache details
- Easier to add corrected coordinates
- Logs: Search field to filter on search terms
- Personal logs show log time
- Custom map tile URLs
- UK Ordnance Survey maps using custom tile URL
- Add cache to Watch or Ignore list
- Logs: Edit log date and time
- Earthcache and Virtual will give option to send answers
- Printing cache description includes cache info
- Message Center
- Search for and save your unpublished caches to an offline list
- Much more!
In addition to the Action Button (••• in a circle)there is now a an icon for list-related actions including Add to List, Add/Remove Favorite, Watch and Ignore.
You will also probably miss the buttons to log the cache and to navigate to the cache. These have now moved to the bottom of the screen to the Logging and Navigation Bar. This is the change that you will notice the most. It takes some time for the muscle memory to change but the new location is more convenient for single finger use when holding the phone.
You will no longer find your souvenirs as an item in the ••• More tab. This can now be found in your User Profile
The location for the Sort lists action is now integrated with the ••• action button. Tap it and select Sort. Then you can drag to rearrange as before or tap Options and choose a sort by Title, Date, or Cache Count.