UK OS Maps
In order to use the online UK OS Maps in Cachly you will need to obtain a Bing Maps API key. However, if you are already running Geocaching Maps Enhancements you will already have one and you can use this same key.
If you are running GME:
- Open a normal Geocaching.com map on your browser and ensure you have selected Leaflet from Set Map Preferences
- Click on the right hand of the 5 little squares, bottom left of the map. There is no icon but hovering will display “Configure GME”
- Select Manage Maps
- Click Export Custom Maps
- Towards the bottom of the code you will find "OS&key=“
- Copy the following text up to the double quotes (“) and that is your API key.
If you are not running GME you will need to create a new Bing Maps API key.
- You will need to have a Bing Map API Account and you can sign up for one at bingmapsportal.com
- Once created log in to the account and select My Account and My Keys
- If you already have a key it will show here - you do not need a new key for Cachly
- If you need a key click to create a new one
- Enter Application Name as Cachly; Key Type as Basic; Application Type as Public Website and click Create
- You may be able to use Copy Key to copy the key, but not all browsers allow this, if not click Show Key and copy the text manually
- Send the key to your phone
Implementing the API Key in Cachly
- Open a Live Map and press the Map icon to display the list of Map Types
- Scroll to the bottom and press Add Custom Tile URL
- Press UK OS Maps in the list of Presets (currently the only one)
- Paste the API Key and press Save
- This will select OS Maps as your online map type
- Press Done to return to the map